Carter on his postgame words with Richards: “I can’t tell you. You guys would have too much fun with them.” — Nick Cotsonika (@cotsonika) June 12, 2012
thelosangeleskings: Carter and Richards Interview
According to teammates Toews would address the media—a captain’s duty—but then...– -from this super old sports illustrated article I DON’T DESERVE TO GO I DON’T DESERVE TO GO I DON’T DESERVE TO GO (via christian-ehrhoff)
It would be a mistake to link these visible instances of racism to the whiteness...– David J. Leonard at Racialicious, on the tweets about Joel Ward (via russianmachineneverbreaks)
It was more exciting than any other professional sport we had here, and it...– Wil Wheaton on falling in love with hockey
Tripping the Wasteland: National Fibromyalgia... →
xkaren08: For those of you who aren’t familiar with this syndrome, fibromyalgia (abbrev FM or Fibro) is characterized by chronic widespread pain, multiple tender points, abnormal pain processing, sleep disturbances, fatigue, cognitive problems, and depression. (This is the abbreviated list, there are a few…
Through sleet, snow, long distance, whatever,... →
jenndelafuente: Latest from The Rebel State. On fandom, devotion and making crazy travel plans work when all you want to do is watch your team go deep in the playoffs. Bonus: A photo from 2003, back when my friends and I were younger-looking and not nearly as jaded as we are now.
geekmisconduct: ajshanus: HAIRDRYER DOWN
I'm a girl. Why is this a problem? →
jenndelafuente: Sexist sportswriters? Yup, still happens today. This brings up memories of my own encounters with sexism as a sports writer. I’m still hoping society evolves at some point.
Rules of a Hawkey Fan
1. It is TOEWS (taves), not TOES. If you say it wrong, you will be eternally shunned.
2. Tazer is our captain, forever and always. He would look wrong wearing any other sweater.
3. Yes, Kaner is kind of a hot-headed, arrogant little bitch. But he is our hot-headed arrogant little bitch.
4. Hating on Corey Crawford is like hating on an adorable little three-year-old with big, fat cheeks. That's child abuse.
5. Viktor Stalberg is the fastest player in the league. Don't try to argue that.
6. You scream and yell and freak out during the anthem at the Madhouse. You are not only reppin' our team, but also our country.
7. When the other team is in the lead, after the initial shock is over, you don't continue to hate, you have faith that they can comeback and get it done.
8. Being a Canucks & a Blackhawks fan is like the biggest eternal sin you can commit. Yes, I do respect Vancouver. But I also always root for the other team.
9. You understand that when something about Coach Quennville is announced, the crowd is not boo-ing. They are QQQQQ-ing.
10. Andrew Shaw knows where the 2010 Stanley Cup-winning puck is. #shawfacts
11. There is no greater bromance than Kaner & Tazers'.
12. It is understood that Tazer has the best ass in all of North America.
13. Duncs & Seabs make up the best d-line in the league.
14. You believe & pray in a girl named Chelsea.
15. The world around you stops when the Hawks game is on. You get royally pissed off at anyone who tries to talk/make plans with you while you're watching it.
16. You can quote Eddie & Pats' famous lines. "BIG SAAAAVE!"
17. Seeing Niemi in a Sharks jersey makes you want to cry. Big, fat tears.
18. It is perfectly acceptable to replace "Let's go, Hawks!" with "Detroit sucks" when the Red Wings play at the Madhouse.
19. You want to gorge the eyeballs out of all the Detroit fans who boo the big Hoss when they play in their arena.
20. Baby Toews. Nuff said.
21. Patrick Sharp is the most beautiful man in Chicago.
22. Learn how to pronounce Hjalmarsson. Or be laughed at for a long time.
23. We stick together through thick & thin, because we all just have ONE GOAL.
I absolutely LOVE all of these rules and I stick to them : ) BLACKHAWKS 4 LIFE!